Focused study away from the workplace
Face-to-face support with experienced tutors
Interact with fellow professionals
From £149 All inc
£179 17% Off
Study alongside colleagues and learn together
Choose from our classroom, live tutor-led online or self-paced online learning options
Tailored course content to your workplace
CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE
The First Aid At Work (FAW) Training Course, also referred to as the FAW course, is a 3-day course (1 day via distance learning and 2 days classroom) that covers a wide range of topics related to first aid. The course is designed for people aged 16+ who might need to provide first aid by responding to a wide range of accidents, injuries, and illnesses that they could encounter in their workplace.
This extensive level 3 first aid course meets the requirements specified in the Health and Safety Regulations (First Aid) 1981 and goes a step beyond the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course, qualifying you to work in high-risk workplaces.
The FAW course also covers emergency situation management and good effective communication in the event of an incident, whether it's a victim, eyewitnesses to the problem, or expert medical personnel who respond.
Did you know? The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) states that a first-aider must be appointed where there are more than five employees.
The FAW course is ideal for organisations whose needs assessment has identified a requirement for additional first aid training. This might be due to having employees with a disability or a medical condition. It is ideal for those working in high-risk environments such as construction, manufacturing, warehousing, or healthcare.
The FAW course will cover topics such as:
• how to assess an incident
• how to manage an unresponsive casualty
• how to administer CPR
• how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) to carry out a risk assessment
• how to recognize and treat a variety of injuries and medical conditions, including:
• heart attacks
In addition to the topics covered in an emergency first aid at work course, this course covers treatment for various injuries and medical conditions.
Full details regarding what you will learn in the 3-day First Aid At Work course can be reviewed in our topics covered section below.
The main difference between Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) and First Aid at Work (FAW) is the depth of training. Emergency first aid at work is designed for low-risk workplaces, while first aid at work is designed for higher-risk workplaces. First aid at work also provides comprehensive training for those required to be designated first aiders within their workplace.
The First Aid at Work course is 3 days long (1 day via distance learning and 2 days in class), while the Emergency First Aid at Work is only 1 day.
The content of each course also differs, with the First Aid At Work course covering a wider range of topics such as dealing with an unconscious casualty, heart attacks and strokes, and spinal injuries. The emergency first aid at work course covers basic life support, choking, burns and bleeds.
If you're looking for a more extensive course or work in high-risk environments, look at our 3-day first aid at work course. If you're looking to become a first aid trainer or instructor, then the First Aid at Work for Instructors course is right for you.
Employers have a legal responsibility to carry out a first-aid needs assessment. This will help them decide how many first-aiders they need, what level of training they need, and what equipment and facilities are required.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has provided guidance on conducting a first-aid needs assessment.
Under the current Health and Safety Executive guidelines, first-aiders are strongly recommended to take an annual refresher course to keep their first aid skills up to date. The annual refresher course is a great way to stay confident and competent in your first aid skills.
Booking for a large number of people? We provide on-site and in-house first aid and health and safety training at your location, workplace, school, or community group.
• Time and cost-effective: no more transportation expenses, with discounts available for big groups.
• Bespoke training - tailored to meet your needs and work environment.
• Flexible: you may choose a day, location, and time that is convenient for you.
• Trusted Provider - Rated #1 First Aid training provider offering training that you can trust, with over 100,000+ learners trained by our highly qualified first-aid instructors
• Trusted First Aid Provider - Rated #1 First Aid training provider offering training that you can trust, with over 100,000+ learners trained by our highly qualified first-aid instructors
• We offer a wide range of first aid training courses to suit your needs: Including the 1-day emergency first aid at work (EFAW) course, paediatric first aid, first aid trainers course, and AED & CPR
Our 3-day First Aid at Work is perfect for most workplaces including high-risk envi